Mission is simply shorthand for all that we do in response to God’s Love. The Methodist Church believes that…
The Church exists:
• to increase awareness of God's presence and to celebrate God's love
• to help people to grow and learn as Christians, through mutual support and care
• to be a good neighbour to people in need and to challenge injustice
• to make more followers of Jesus Christ
In response to this we make the following our priorities…
• Underpinning everything we do with God-centred worship and prayer
• Supporting community development and action for justice, especially among the most deprived and poor - in Britain and worldwide
• Developing confidence in evangelism and in the capacity to speak of God and faith in ways that make sense to all involved
• Encouraging fresh ways of being Church
• Nurturing a culture in the Church which is people-centred and flexible
Our aim at PMC is to introduce people of all ages to Jesus.
We seek to achieve this by providing many pathways through which those enquiring about faith can become believers, those who believe can engage with and grow in the journey of discipleship and those who are committed to the way of discipleship can develop their gifts in outreach and leadership.